Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hey, Doug, it's your birthday!

Happy birthday to the best guy on the planet, my husband Doug.

Before Doug met Carrie and me, there wasn't a whole lot of fussin' made on his birthday.
Well, I suppose his mom made a fuss when he was a kid,
but Carrie and I get to fuss over him as an adult.
He'll say he doesn't want us to make a big deal of it.
He'll say, "Oh, you don't have to..."
But we know he loves it when we do.
So today we celebrate Doug being on the planet.
Hooray for all of us!!!

November Attitude of Gratitude:
* I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm so very grateful to have Doug in my life. The angels were really looking after Carrie and me when he entered our lives!
* I'm thankful for a daughter who bakes an amazing German chocolate cake every year for Doug's birthday {he's pretty happy about this one too}!
* Also thankful for same said daughter for writing such a sweet tribute for Doug on her blog today. :o)!

14 comments:

Alison said...

Happy Birthday to your Doug..hope he has a great day!
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

Happy Birthday to Doug.

Stephanie @ La Dolce Vita said...

Happy Birthday to Doug! Wishing him many years of good health and happiness!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I'd be thankful for the german chocolate cake, too. It looks totally yummy. And what a great portrait you took of your love!
Say Happy Birthday to Doug from us in cyberworld!
Rinda

Rhona said...

Happy Birthday, Doug! Hope you have a fantastic day :)

Cheri said...

Happy Birthday Doug! Thanks for taking such great care of my friend Deb and for keeping her so happy!

Mom said...

Happy Birthday, Doug! Deb thinks you blessed her and Carrie, but I've got a flash for her--you blessed the whole family. Never in her life have I known Deb to be so content, happy and cherished. Great job, dear SON-in-law! We love you! xo

Thankful for:
1. Deb marrying Doug
2. Carrie loving Doug
3. German chocolate cake to confirm that love!

debs14 said...

Have a great day Doug! Enjoy being spoilt by the two lovely ladies in your life. And enjoy that scrummy cake Carrie has shown us photos of!

Margaret said...

Hope you all have a great day!

Irene said...

Doug is blessed to have found you and your daughter. How lucky can one guy get. Happy Birthday Doug. mmmmm German Chocolate Cake sounds yummy.

Anonymous said...

Both you and Carrie have posted such lovely things about Doug. You are all so lucky to have each other and your love for him shines out so brightly.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Doug, I hope you have a great day and thoroughly enjoy every last morsel of that cake!

Sian said...

Happy Birthday Doug!

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of Doug! Happy birthday! My dad's favorite birthday cake was German Chocolate and I made it every year for him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...